Friday, May 9, 2014

Thank you Nay!



Once a year, the world has dedicated a day entirely for the people who have one of the toughest job in the world, being a mother. But a mother doesn't have to mean that she is the person who carried you in her womb for nine months nor it has to be a woman, this person can be anyone who cared for you, the one person who made you feel how to be loved by a mom. To all the mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day and to my mother, this one is for you. :)

Dear Nanay,

Thank you for always believing in me even when I have stopped believing in myself. 
You have never doubted me, not even once. You always see the best in me and helps me believe that I am able to do great things.

Thank you for being my friend and helping me mend a broken heart 
I remember you crying along with me when my first love broke my heart. I can feel your heart breaking as well. I know you prayed for me a lot. Thank you for hugging me tight when I felt the world is ganging up on me. You made me feel that despite all the heartbreaks I am going to experience in this life, I'll always have you and you'll help me pick up the pieces. You'll help me heal the wounds of my broken heart just like you've healed my wounded knees when I was little. Thank you for making me feel that you'll love the pain away. That you'll always love me.

Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made for us
You always put us first before yourself. It's always for us, never for you even when we have grown older, you always thinks of us first. Up to now, you still choose to give the bigger piece of food to us. I cannot recall a single moment that you chose yourself first. Nay, I know we cannot repay all the sacrifices you have made for us, but we are hoping that we could at least help you live a comfortable life now that you have a discount card in Jollibee. :)

Thank you for loving us unconditionally
Thank you for never giving up on us even at our worsts. Thank you for giving everything that you have. Thank you for loving us in every way that you can without even expecting we'd do the same for you. Thank you for making us feel loved. I appreciate you checking up on me every now and then as if I am still the clumsy little girl who used to come home with scratched knees. I am sorry if I sometimes fail to check up on you and Tatay.

To the one person who loved all of me, my faults and my imperfections, to the most loving person I know, to my mother, my rock, Happy Mother's day. I love you so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment